Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Worst 4th of July Ever!!

So...I seem to have a lot of time on my hands this week so I thought it would be a good time to update everyone on the horrible 4th of July I had.

About 2 weeks ago I woke up in the night with the worst pain I have EVER felt in my abdomen. Lucky for me this pain was followed by violent vomitting. the vomitting and pian lasted for about an hour and a half and then I was perfectly fine. I realized at that time that it had to be my gallbladder. (we have a history of gallbladder disease in my family and several members of my immediate and extended people have had theirs removed. In fact my dad just had his taken out 3 weeks ago.) But of course I ignored the situation and went on living my life. Well, last monday I once again woke up in the night with the same pain and vomitting. For those of you who have never had this lovely problem...I hear that the pain is worse than childbirth. This time the pain would not go away. So I waited until I could not stand it any longer, about 5 hours and then called my dad. He immediately came to pick me up and took me to the ER. The ER gave me morphine and did an ultrasound and found gallstones. So, they sent me on my way and told me I needed to contact a surgeon to have my gallbladder removed.

I thought this would be ok since I was feeling fine and they had sent me home with a little supply of Lortab. But....then again on Thursday morning...PAIN!!! This time the pain was not quite as bad so I went to work and went about my day. Well...after laying around and whining at my parents house for a day and a half my parents started noticing that I was turning yellow. this was definitely not a good sign!!! So on the afternnon of the 4th, my dad took me back to the ER. I had called and made an appointment with a surgeaon, but they couldn't get me in for 2 weeks just for a "consultation" then surgery 2 weeks after that!! There was no way I was going to make it that long. Lucky the doctors in the ER decided to admit me to the hospital. Apparently I had a gall stone that had excaped from my gall bladder and was lodged somewhere near my pancreas (which is life threatening).

So, two nights I spent in the hospital jumping through all the weird hoops they make you jump through. And in the end they removed my gallbladder on saturday afternoon. (after not eating for 3 days!!) It was miserable!!

I am home now recovering at my parents and today was the first day I felt like I could actually move. So...I got up tp shower and ended up passing out on the bathroom floor....not such a good idea, maybe I should stay put for a few days.

Anyway...I think the worst is over...at least I hope it is. And I really hope this all makes sense as I do not have the energy to read through it again before I post it. I just really wanted to post an update because I am sure a lot of you are wondering what happened to me!

and there is a lesson to learn from this...anytime you think something is wrong, see a doctor immediatly do not ignore it...it will only get worse!!

7 comments:

Holly said...

Holy crap Krishelle that SUCKS!!! I'm sorry you had a crappy 4th. I hope you feel better and recover quickly! Let me know when you're up to going out on a girls night with Jen.

Patience said...

I'm so sorry, that sounds like it sucked pretty bad. I hope you feel better!!
Pash

Uncle Will said...

Yuck, yuck, yuck! I hope you're feeling better by now and I can only think about how glad I am that this didn't happen while we were in the Middle East (except that we would probably all still be over there and that part would be really fun, and that your mom would have had to swallow two of her greatest fears -- 1) fly in an airplane, and 2) go to the Middle East -- hearing her stories would have almost made it worth it, don't you think?!?!?).

If you want, I can bring Claire over to lick your incisions until they're healed. You know, a dog's saliva is anti-bacterial... we learned that in the 3rd Grade when Thomas bit a chunk out of Connie's stomach and everyone on the playground kept talking about how a human bite is actually much more lethal than a dog bite.

Jenalee said...

Oh my gosh!!! Were you here at LDS Hospital? If you were I am mad! I would have walked up to your room and brought you something good. Like flowers! I hope you're feeling better, I am soooo ready for a girls night out.

The Bell Family said...

You are so dramatic! None of that happened at all!
"Everyone I know is having gall bladder problems! Why is this happening to ME!!! Ha Ha Ha
Just kidding! I am glad you are through with all of that mess. Our family is definately cursed! Watch out Nueli and Muggy!!!!

Amanda Fleming said...

It was so awesome to see you! I am so glad you are feeling better. Golbladder stuff is not fun. I thought about saying hi to Kevin on our way out, but I couldn't remember what branch he went to. So guess what? Phil got the job! I guess it won't be too long and we'll be neighbors again! whoo hoo! ;)

Amanda Fleming said...
This comment has been removed by the author.