Sunday, February 8, 2009

Song of The Week

OK...so obviously it's "a lot" hard for me to keep up on this whole blogging thing. So I have come up with an idea...actually I kinda stole it. Anyway, I am going to start doing weekly posts with the song of the week. (Now don't worry...I am still going to try to post normal things too.) These songs might tell a story...like how my week went, be related to something that happened, be a tribute to one of my readers, or just be my favorite song of the week (or maybe even my least favorite).

So here's the first one - with a shout out to Uncle Will.

Song Title: Ruby Tuesday
By: The Rolling Stones

This weekend Uncle Will took me to Mexico for my birthday! It was awesome, I am such a lucky girl! We arrived in Rosarito Mexico on Friday night. When we pulled up to our hotel there was some really loud live music playing...it sounded horrible! While Uncle Will was checking into the Hotel I set out to investigate. Well...lucky for us, it was Karaoke night! I peeked in the Karaoke bar and there he was...an elderly man singing Ruby Tuesday...now of course he was singing the wrong words, and of course he was aweful and monotone, and of course he had no rythm, and of course he was not moving or dancing at all, and of course he was wearing his winter parka all zipped up (cause it was 60 degrees). I almost died laughing!!! Now, Uncle Will and I are both those type of people who never want to draw any extra attention to ourselves so we snuck in the back to watch. What a night! There were only about 10 people there including us and everyone was taking their numbers so seriously!! (one of which included "How Do I Live" by Leann Rimes...whoa nelly!) So, because of this Karaoke night, Ruby Tuesday will be my first Song of the Week! Enjoy!!!

4 comments:

Andrea said...

That's really funny! Hope you had a great birthday!

Jeff and Bridgette Metcalfe said...

Ha ha ha ha! So fun!! I can totally just picture that whole thing in my head. I love it! Sounds like you had a super fun birthday!! Miss you. xoxoxoxo. We really need to get together

ELI said...

Yay! We all thought you were dead.

Go to Mexico a few more times without me, ok.

Andrea said...

It's time for a new song of the week!