Saturday, April 10, 2010

Yummo...Wheat Bread!




About 6 months ago, I got a free Kitchenaid Mixer using credit card reward points. I don't use my credit card very much, so it took a while to save up enough points for my mixer. I was so excited to get one, but...here we are six months later and I have used it only once!!

So, I decided it was time for me to start using it. Here is one of the first things I made with my mixer...It was so delicious so I am including the recipe.

Whole Wheat Bread


2 1/2 cups hot water
1 1/2 Tbs yeast
1/3 cup oil
1/3 cup honey
1 Tbs salt
1/4 cup gluten flour
2 Tbs dough enhancer
5 cups whole wheat flour (give or take some)

1- Turn oven on low (200 degrees)
2- Mix 1/2 cup hot water and add to yeast.
3- In a large mixing bowl add remaining water, oil, honey and salt.
4- Add yeast mixture and 1 cup of flour, gluten flour and dough enhancer and mix well.
5- Keep adding flour until it doesn't stick to the sides of the bowl.
6- Knead for 5 minutes (use setting 2 if using a mixer).
7- Spray 2 bread pans with non stick cooking spray.
8- Divide dough into two equal parts and put into the 2 bread pans.
9- Cook on low for 25 minutes.
10- Turn over to 350 degrees and bake 25-35 minutes.
11- Brush tops with melted butter.

Enjoy!!!

5 comments:

Jenalee said...

Mmmmmmm. I am free anytime to come over and sample your goods. :)

Heather said...

What?! How does your first loaf of bread come out looking so picture perfect?!

The Bullocks said...

yummmy that looks so good, mine never turns out good. I need to work on it.
soooo are you aware that this song on your play list says the F word right when I clicked on your blog.... just saying. love ya.

Krishelle said...

Oh my heavens! Katie, thank you so much for letting me know, I have no idea how that got on there...and I never listen to the music!! So sorry to all those who heard it!! how embarassing!

Amanda Fleming said...

Man that looks so wonderful! I am jealous of the kitchen aide! haha