Thursday, September 25, 2008

The End of An Era...

" Growth means change and change involves risk, stepping from the known to the unknown."

Today has been a sad and interesting day. I have worked for the same company for almost 10 years. It has been a great company where I have learned a lot and met a lot of GREAT people. It has been a company I believe in and have been proud to work for. It has been a great experience and a wonderful 10 years that has definitely prepared me for the next chapter in my life. I have put a lot of hard work into this company and done my best to be successful. It hasn't been just a job, but a career. I have learned a lot about the economy, stock, coaching for results, selling products and services, creating strategies that lead to success, leading staff for results, working as a team to achieve a goal, and much more.

As the nation has been going through these tough times, my company has been affected greatly. So much so that it was announced tonight that we have been sold to another large company. While this news does make me very sad, because this company I have loved and worked so hard for will be changing, I am confident that all options were weighed before making this decision. I believe that what has been decided will be the best for our employees, our customers and our company. We will be a bigger and stronger company and work together to be very successful. One big thing I have learned that will help me now is to anticipate change and work through it because "Change is the only constant."

Though I may be sad at the end of this era, I am optimistic and excited to see where this road takes me.

8 comments:

ELI said...

Well said.

I have worked for the same company for the last 3 years and for any who don't know, Krishelle is highly respected, loved, and regarded as an absolute expert by the hundreds of employees all across the state at the company's various locations. I can't tell anyone in the company that I'm related to Krishelle without hearing them tell me how wonderful she is.

I'm sure you'll do well no matter what happens.

Sister post on my blog to come. . .

The Bell Family said...

I am sad too - as we already talked about this earlier! And change for the McCann's is a big "NO NO"! But, you will be just fine! We are always told that we don't know why things happen the way they do, but they happen for a reason! I think you should go off on your own and open up a whole new string of banks called: "Mutual Washington". (That way they can't say you are stealing a name). You would be the most successful! And when you do this,you could change the rule that banks have about not hiring family members, and we ALL could work together!

Patience said...

You are great at whatever you do and wherever you are. Remember the heights you reached at AC-Greasy? When everyone wanted to be a front supervisor and to be able to "close" you soared to the top and got to choose whoever you hated to do DRA that day.....Also, you're the only reason I ever switched banks to WAMU and I've never regretted it. I'm interested to see how it'll be changed, if at all.

Andrea said...

I just read Eli's blog and figured I should jet over to yours to see what you had to say about the change since I know you also work there. You have a great attitude about everything that is happening. I'm sure it will work out just fine for you especially reading Eli's comment.

Uncle Will said...

As you already know, this makes me very sad! I love banking at WAMU!!! In fact, I left Chase to bank at WAMU with you and now I'm going to be back at Chase. Weird, but oh well. I'm sure it will be just great -- especially since you'll now be working for Chase (I'm sure you'll still make sure all the bum checks I write every day don't bounce).

A long time ago the company I had been working for got bought buy a big ol' mammoth company and we were all freaked out by the change. Some people didn't like the change, so they left, but a lot of us stayed there for years and years and it ended up being a really great thing with lots of new opportunities that we hadn't anticipated. I'm sure this change will turn out to be great for you, too! You're wonderful!!! But, if you decide that you're done with the banking industry and you don't open "Mutual Washington" as Krisanda suggested, you can always move to Ecuador with me!

Holly said...

Wow Krishelle, what a positive way to look at life. Good for you. You'll do great at anything and everything, you are a wonderful person that I am glad to know.

.:Misti:. said...

Krishelle-

I have worked for the same company as well for 9 years and I tell you this was a shock to me and I cried the whole night when I found out.. I can't wait to see what the future holds for us and learning new things. You've always been there for me whenever I had a question and I want to thank you for that.. You are the best! I am so happy to have you as a friend and no matter what happens I hope you will always be in my life. I cant wait to see you at our next meeting :)

Jeff and Bridgette Metcalfe said...

Shelly! I miss you! How are things going with your work? Any updates? Can you meet me at the airport tomorrow? It's time for a trip! Puerto Angel???? Durr?? Lizzards??